Primary research is any type of research that you go out into the market and collect yourself or through a vendor. Examples include onsite customer visits, focus groups, panels, surveys, interviews, observations, and ethnographic research. A good researcher knows how to use both primary and secondary sources in addition to trends and competitive intelligence to assess markets and consumers.
- Capital Market Research – Real estate research and analysis
- icanmakeitbetter – Insight communities for product and service development
- JKS – Consumer market research
- Lone Star Market Research – Focus groups, mobile app, and online questionnaire services
- Mozaic Group - Austin based. Brian Van Houten and the team are market research experts that can help you with any research need you may have.
- Pyle Research - Austin based. Andy Pyle has a wealth of experience providing the best methodology to gain valuable and actionable insights about your market.
- ReconMR – Enterprise client market research
- Tammadge Market Research – Focus groups and surveys
- thinkgroup – Multicultural market research
- Project202 - Austin location. Experience-driven application development. Ask for Amber Lindholm - very sharp and talented and can help you craft the right design research program to fit your needs.
- Teresa Neil Strategy + Design - It designs digital experiences for our connected lives. Founded by the expert, Theresa Neil, the UX team is comprised of Researchers, Strategists, Designers, and Developers. It works with startups and Fortune 100 companies alike, helping to bring new ideas to the market. Our sweet spots are interactive data visualizations, cross-platform product suites, and complex applications.
- Upstream - It helps companies look at the world through a different lens and create greater impact and deliver greater value to customers.
It makes insights actionable and matches solutions to the unmet needs of stakeholders. Great company and great talent!
- Guidepoint Global - Direct access to advisors and experts in a broad range of industries. If you need to come up to speed quickly in an area, this may be the best route. It also has the ability to perform surveys that can be extremely useful given the captive target audience.
- GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group) - Similar to Guidepoint Global with a much broader footprint. If you truly need the advice of an expert - GLG can most certainly track down the right individual. This is to be used as needed as it can be a bit pricey for a startup.