Because I live in Austin and love this city.
+All things Austin
If you are looking to connect with someone, nothing beats a live face to face meeting over a cup of coffee. Below are some of my favorites by general location.
- Beware Coffee – 502 W. 30th St. – Excellent outdoor space
- Cherrywood Coffeehouse - 1400 E 38th 1/2 St
- Epoch Coffee - 221 W North Loop Blvd
- Houndstooth Coffee - 4200 N Lamar Blvd Ste 120
- Monkey Nest - 5353 Burnet Road - just south of 2222 on Burnet
- Pacha – 4618 Burnet Rd.
- Red Horn Coffee House & Brewing Co. – 13010 W. Parmer Ln.
- Thunderbird Coffee - 1401 Koenig Lane (2222) in between Burnet and Lamar. Great place with excellent coffee and beer - one of my favorites.
- ALTA’s Café – 74 Trinity St. – Right off Lady Bird Lake
- Caffé Medici - 1101 W Lynn St
- Caffé Medici - 200 Congress Avenue
- Cenote - 1010 E Cesar Chavez St.
- Halcyon – 218 W. 4th St. - A true downtown Austin establishment
- Irene’s – 506 West Ave.
- Juan Pelota - 400 Nueces Street
- Mozart's Coffee - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. A fantastic place to meet an investor, entrepreneur or co-founder. And the coffee is excellent - another favorite of mine.
- Cuvee – 2000 E 6th St.
- Figure 8 – 1111 Chicon St.
- Flat Track Coffee – 1619 E. Cesar Chavez St.
- Fleet Coffee - 2427 Webberville Rd.
- Flitch Coffee - 641 Tillery St.
- Sa-Tén Coffee and Eats - 916 Springdale Rd
- The Buzz Mill – 1505 Town Creek Rd.
- Vintage Heart Coffee – 1405 E. 7th St.
- Wright Bros. Brew & Brew – 500 Sam Marcos St. – Coffee and beer, both locally sourced
- Bouldin Creek Café – 1900 S 1st St. – An Austin original
- Jo’s – 1300 S. Congress Ave. – A true Austin establishment with fantastic breakfast tacos
- Manana Coffee & Juice – 1603 S. Congress Ave.
- Once Over Coffee Bar – 2009 S. 1st St.
- Patika – 2159 S. Lamar Blvd.
- Radio Coffee & Beer - 4208 Manchaca Rd
- Seventh Flag – 1506 S. 1st St.
- Stouthaus Coffee – 4715 S. Lamar Blvd.
- Summermoon Coffee Bar - 3115 S. 1st St.
+Annual Austin Events
- Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival – Great festival for all the hot sauce lovers
- Austin City Limits – Austin’s premiere music festival held in Zilker Park
- Austin Marathon Half-Marathon – Downhill to downtown
- Blues on the Green – KGSR’s annual music series held in Zilker Park. A summer classic!
- Pecan Street Festival – Local artisans and food vendors for the biggest local festival in Austin
- Statesman Cap10K – Major running events in downtown Austin
- SXSW – Once a small tech conference, now one of the major tech and media events in the world
- Texas Book Festival – One of the major book and author festivals in the country
- Trail of Lights – The Christmas lights showcase held in Zilker Park
- Zilker Kite Festival – Great for kids and family
- Austin Parks and Recreation - Need to get outside? Need a place to take your little ones for some fun. Check out the local Austin parks.
- Austin Parks Foundation - If you are looking for something to do, check our the Austin Parks Foundation calendar. I recommend movies in the park.
- Barton Creek Greenbelt – Texas’ version of city hiking, right in the middle of Austin.
- Barton Springs Pool – Recreational natural springs swimming pool in Zilker Park. Get there early!
- Bastrop State Park – Excellent state park, about 30 minutes east of Austin
- Deep Eddy Pool – Close to Barton Springs; smaller, but less crowded
- Enchanted Rock – Great swimming and hiking spot
- Guadalupe River State Park – Great camping and tubing spot
- Hamilton Pool – A short drive out of the side, but well worth it
- Lady Bird Hike and Bike Trail – Unquestionably the best running trail in the country – wraps 10 miles around downtown Austin
- McKinney Falls State Park – Very close to Austin
- Mount Bonnell – Fantastic hike area and for sunset viewing
- Pedernales Falls State Park – Good spot for tubing, watch out for rapids and flash flooding
- Red Bud Isle – Great place to take the dogs
- Texas Rowing Center – Classic Austin establishment that offers a variety of water sport rentals
- Zilker Park – The crown jewel of Austin, great place for a picnic or Frisbee golf
+Things to do
- Austin - (austintexas.org) - this site has everything you need for you to get acclimated to Austin ASAP. Shopping, events, food, family and more!
- Austin City Guide by Austin Food Bloggers Alliance - Need a break or need to break your routine? Check out this site and remember why Austin is so amazing.
- Austin Chronicle - News, food, events, music, arts and culture.
- Food - (austin.eater.com) - For the foodie in all of us! Check out all the great spots in Austin.
- Do512family - What to do in Austin with kids.
- Meetups - Pretty much there is a meetup for everything. Whatever your passion - you can find it here.
- UT Sports - Love sports? We have the University of Texas in our own back yard - take advantage of it!
- UT Theater - Not into sports? Check out the University of Texas theater productions.
- Zip Lining - Need a team building event? Want to have some fun with the family? Check out Cypress Valley Canopy Tours.